Welcome to the Old Glory Insurance League Blog

This blog is for the members of the Old Glory Insurance League! Since the season is over this will let us continue our league and smack talk as we head into the offseason and prepare for next year!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Updated line from the Commish

League,

So we are only a few days away from the Super Bowl...I'm hittin you with a quick post to update the betting line.  I've weighted the fact that Dwight Freeney is going to likely be out.  Therefore, I value freeney's impact on the ability to pressure Brees and make him deliver to his WR's before they can get seperation.  We saw all season the NO WR's were great unless they were trying to make a play in traffic.  if they get hit in the mouth they soften.  They are most effective when they get seperation; if any of them get time they ALL get seperation.  So if Brees has more time the WR's can get more seperation and therefore hit a lot more big plays.

So I'm dropping my line from favoring the Colts by +11.5 to +7.  The Vegas line is sitting around 4.5 or 5 but I think it's at least a touchdown favorite.

I enjoyed NYI's post on this past year and i echo his praise of our league members; however, I pity him if he truly thinks I won't dominate him again next year!

Stay tuned for more updates before the big game including my take on prop betting...as if anyof you care...C'mon - i'm just trying to get more of you to write.  Look at this garbage I'm printing...it doesn;t even make sense.  Someone save me and start posting something interesting (The NYI's are excluded from that last statement; they're doing a great job).

-The Commish 

1 comment: